In addition to the corn mill at Denbrae there was another mill nearby, firstly used as a flax mill and later as a sawmill. It was on a piece of land called “The Nib” at the confluence of the Claremont and Kinness burns and drew its water from the Kinness Burn. The Nib is now within the grounds of Rufflets Hotel.
- “Disposition and assignation with precept of sasine on Wester Rufflets and Nether Rufflets, St Andrews” (1780) online at St Andrews University Archives
- John Ainsley; Counties of Fife and Kinross (1775) online at National Library of Scotland
- Ordnance Survey; 6" series maps (1855) online at National Library of Scotland