Historic water mills

Use the layers control in the top right of the map to see different features.

This is a map of the old water-powered mills which used water that either came from, or ended up in, the Kinness Burn. Craig Mill is not shown as its precise location is unknown.

There were also the steam-powered Kinness Mill (a flax mill) near Fleming Place, the steam-powered Woodburn sawmill at the harbour and the windmill near City Road.

The route of the lade through the town is based on the Ordnance Survey "Town Plan of St Andrews" (1854) National Library of Scotland.